At Foothill Elementary, we pride ourselves in developing both the social and academic needs of our students. Outside of teaching a comprehensive academic curriculum aligned to national standards, we help students develop life skills of empathy, emotion management, and problem solving. We believe that supporting students to build strong character is just as important as developing strong literacy and math skills.
Located in northwest Boulder, we are a proud neighborhood school that has stood as a pillar of our community since 1949. Foothill Elementary has a longstanding history of demonstrated high achievement and growth of our students, which is fostered by an outstanding faculty and staff. We value our ongoing relationships with our families and continually seek to build a welcome and inclusive school community.
Academic Growth and Achievement for all Learners:
- Innovative Learning spaces with flexible furnishing to meet the needs of all types of learners
- Gifted and Talented (GT) resources primarily in grades 3-5 to provide academic enrichment and social-emotional support
- Special Education programming to support students with exceptional learning needs. The Resource and Intensive Learning Center (Grades K–5) Special Education teams work closely with families and staff to ensure that the learning experience of all students is rich and meaningful.
- The English Language Development (ELD) program and Bilingual Community Liaison help meet the needs of students and families from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- Universal Instruction that utilizes Fountas and Pinnel (K-5) and Fundations (K-2) as a curriculum resource
- Small Group Targeted Instruction to support Phonemic Development, Vocabulary, Comprehension, and Fluency
- Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) for students needing a high degree of literacy support
- Individualized and leveled literacy tools such as the Literacy Resource Book Room and Accelerated Reader (AR) program
- Library Media Center with books and tools for learning at school and at home
- FOSS NextGen science curriculum
- School wide access to Chromebooks, iPads and other technology tools
- MakerSpace that enables students to actively engage in the design process
- Annual MakerFaire
- Outdoor Learning Center and Community Garden
Social & Emotional Learning:
- Social-Emotional curricular lessons universally delivered by the School Counselor that explicitly teach emotional regulation and positive peer interactions
- School wide Positive Behavior Support (PBS) that support core values Respect, Responsibility, Kindness and Safety
- Small group sessions with School Counselor to support students with relationships and social development
- Using the ABC Rotation Schedule, all students (K-5) receive an equal amount of time in art, P.E. and music throughout the year
- Chess Club
- Spelling Bee
- Geography Bee
- Math Olympiad
- Battle of the Books
- Reading to End Racism
- Running Club
School Accountability Committee (SAC) & Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Visiting Foothill Elementary
- We offer guided school tours during December, January and April
- For tours outside of the above options, please contact the office for more information at 720-561-2600