In 5th grade, we will be covering the following topics in each subject area:
- Science: Mixture and Solutions, Variables, Landforms and Life Cycles
- Social Studies: Revolutionary War, Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Civil War
- Math: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division, Fractions, Decimals, Percentages, Geometry, Probability and Statistics and pre-Algebra
- Literacy: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Biographies, Research, Poetry, Personal Narratives, Fantasy, Persuasive Essays, Grammar
- CalWood: In April, fifth graders visit CalWood, a camp located just outside of Jamestown, for three days and two nights. The staff at CalWood leads our students through experiential lessons about life cycles and landforms to follows BVSD science curriculum and standards, and the students love the opportunity to be learning in the outdoors with their friends. We will hold an informational meeting in February.