Regular attendance is an essential part of a student’s education. Students are expected to be in attendance every school day as required by Colorado state law and district policy.
If your child will be absent or late:
- Please report the absence online via the Foothill website OR call the Foothill 24-hour attendance line at 720-561-2602 by 8:15 a.m.
- Always notify the office of an absence, not just the classroom teacher.
- For more information on Foothill’s attendance and tardy policies, please review the Daily Attendance & Policies information in Foothill's Family Handbook.
The tone of each day is set during the first few minutes of class and an important portion of the daily lesson is presented during this same precious time. We urge you to stress the importance of regular, prompt attendance and appreciate parent/guardian support in this matter as all students benefit from a timely start.
School begins at 8:15 a.m.
- All students must be lined up outside with their class by 8:15 a.m.
- Students will be marked tardy beginning at 8:20 a.m.
- Late arrivals impact every student’s education. Please make sure your child arrives to school on time each day.
- If you know your child will be late to school, please call the office by 8:15 a.m. so s/he is not marked absent.
Pre-Arranged Absence Form
Parents are required to fill out a Pre-Arranged Absence Form for any planned absence longer than three (3) days. The form should be submitted to the office for approval PRIOR to the absence. Forms are available in the office.
Report Absence via Infinite Campus
We are improving our attendance system to ensure families are aware when a student is absent.
Starting in the 2020-21 School Year, parents and guardians can now simply log in to their Infinite Campus Parent Portal site to notify School staff of an expected student absence. This will ensure the authenticity of reported absences, while also providing families with improved communication when a student misses class.
See below for a step-by-step guide that can help you through the process.
The BVSD Report Absence Form allows parents and guardians to securely report a student’s absence from school for a single day. Users submitting an absence report will receive a confirmation email at the contact email address listed in Infinite Campus. The form can be toggled between English and Spanish. Confirmation emails will be sent in English or Spanish depending on the preferred language of the user listed in Infinite Campus.
Students are not able to self-report absences from Campus Student.
How to use the BVSD Excused Absence Form
Log in to the Campus Parent website from any internet-connected computer, tablet, or mobile device with your Infinite Campus username and password. Or login to the Parent Portal app.
In left-hand menu, click More (If menu not visible, click Hamburger icon )
In “Quick Links” section, click “Report Absence”
Complete fields and click “Submit”
To report absence for a second child, click the intended individual’s tab. The active student tab is blue.
To Switch Form Between Spanish and English
Once logged into the form, use the select list in the upper right corner of the screen to select desired language.
If you run into troubles using the form, don’t know your Infinite Campus log in information, or need a password reset, please contact your School’s office. They will be able to make sure you get the help you need.